It has been said that “a picture is worth a thousand words.” The Master and His Apprentices contains over 600 images. As a result, the combination of brilliant images and informative text creates a unique and compelling timeline of world events.
NO nudity or other objectionable material — simply scholarly material in a reader-friendly format. Furthermore, this work doubles as an invaluable reference for other subjectsThe Master and His Apprentices begins with Creation and God as the Master artist before delving into the following periods:
- Ancient Cultures: Ancient Near East, Egyptian and Aegean
- Classical Antiquity: Early Greek, Etruscan and Roman
- Middle Ages: Medieval & Islamic, Early Christian & Byzantine, Romanesque and Gothic
- Renaissance: Proto-Renaissance, Early Italian Renaissance, High Italian Renaissance and Northern Renaissance
- Baroque and Beyond: Baroque, Rococo to Today (modern art summary) and Global Highlights (non-Western art summary)